We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cooks In40 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 88 4%
Fat 6g 9%
Saturates 2.9g 15%
Sugars 5.8g 6%
Salt 0g 0%
Protein 1.4g 3%
Carbs 6.6g 3%
Fibre -g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 40 g mixed dried cherries or candied orange peel
- 70 g sugar
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons plain flour
- 60 ml crème fraîche
- 50 g flaked almonds
- 30 g mixed seeds , such as sunflower, sesame, poppy seeds
- 150 g dark (70%) or milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4 and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Finely chop the dried fruit or peel.
- Place a small saucepan over a low heat and add the sugar, butter and flour, stirring to combine. Keep stirring until the sugar has dissolved, then gradually add the crème fraîche.
- Take off the heat and stir in the flaked almonds, seeds and dried fruit or peel.
- While it’s still warm, use teaspoons to drop little mounds of mixture onto the baking sheets, leaving a few centimetres between each one to allow them room to spread.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden. Leave to cool a little on the sheet before cooling on a rack.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, then, using a spoon, drizzle it over the florentines.
- Let the chocolate set completely, before transferring the biscuits to boxes, or wrapping in greaseproof paper and ribbons.